Saturday, June 26, 2010

He's turned my mourning into dancing!

He's turned my mourning into dancing again! He's lifted my sorrow. I can't stay silent. I must SING for His joy has come!

On Friday morning, June 25th, after an intense afternoon and night of prayer for Brielle after finding out she had malaria and still no news on the birth certificate, I woke up with great peace in my spirit. I had been told by my family coordinator that I would hear some news about the status of the birth certificate--or at least news about when they might find out news :) per my emailed request. I had really been praying that I would hear that it was found by Friday.

Several hours into the morning, I checked my email (for the 6th time I admit) and saw a big heading: SUBMITTED FOR COURT I opened it and it said that all our documentation ie. birth certificate was in and our papers had been submitted for court. I immediately started screaming Thank you Jesus!!!! at the top of my lungs over and over with my hands raised in the air. My kids all had their ears covered and I was trying to convince them I was really REALLY HAPPY!!! It was such an amazing gift to my heart. This means that we will hear within a week or two when our court date is and can start planning for our trip. It should be sometime in July--most likely mid. We are so excited!!

This morning (Sat.) I woke up and had a message from Ashlie Fulmer, a dear adoption friend from AWAA that is over in Ethiopia for the summer to volunteer at the transition home and spend time with her baby boy that she is adopting. She had gotten to see the 1 year olds and said that Brielle looked completely healthy and happy. She was smiling and doing all the hand motions to the games/songs that the nannies were doing and looked great. This news thrilled my heart!! I had done some research on the medicine she was on for malaria-Coartem-and supposedly it is the very best and works in 3 days. I know the Lord's hand is on her and can't wait to get over and love on my girl!

Truly no eye has seen nor ear heard any God like ours who works on behalf of those who wait for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment