Friday, July 8, 2011

One Year Ago


One year ago I was walking on clouds because I was days away from meeting and holding our Brielle for the first time. I was in awe that our Sovereign Lord had chosen our 9th anniversary, July 20th, as our court date and praying it would be favorable. I was imagining what the day in and day out of life would look like with four kids, one of them being Ethiopian American. I was wondering how our life would change and how much richer it would be. I was thinking about the culmination of years of paperwork and waiting coming to its climax.

Today, and every day, I praise the Lord when I hear that sweet little voice calling "Mommy!" I smile with delight at her happy demeanor and energetic voice. I am thankful that she's growing like a weed and talking up a storm. I am overwhelmed at the grace of God daily when I see her play and dance, eat and drink, and walk around continuously in someone else's shoes or her flip-flops which she pronounces "eesops". She is such a gift and the labor that it took to bring her home makes her nearness all the more precious. This year has gone by faster than I ever imagined and my thankfulness for her life and adoption has only increased day by day.

2 comments:

  1. I ran into this page accidentally, surprisingly, this is a great website. The site owner has carried out a superb job of putting it together, the info here is really and helpful when i do research. You just secured yourself a guarenteed reader.

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. My husband and I are awaiting our 1st court trip to Ethiopia any advice for us or what we can expect? Thanks

    ReplyDelete